Tuesday, March 15, 2011

WAY UP THE COAST

Following Christmas we stayed with my brother and co. in Austinmer, N.S.W. I spent a significant portion of my teenager (and younger) years at the beaches in this area because they were the closest to our home. They are still the beaches closest to most of my siblings and certainly my Mum. It was nice to be around siblings, swim in the ocean, eat fish n' chips, bbq by the water etc all the typical 'stuff' that constitutes an Australian beach holiday. The kids had SO much fun. While there, and soon after leaving, D and I were drawn into the standard conversation about 'going back' but after arriving back in Melbourne, it doesn't take long before the lure of Sydney and surrounds softens (until next visit!).

And home to a burgeoning vegetable garden!