Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE CAT'S AWAY

We had some fun this past weekend, though minus a husband/Dada who was away in Sydney. I managed to squeeze in a little bit of knitting and a great deal of yarn shopping thereby adding at least five projects to the list, some of them now underway, others waiting for some elusive 'spare' time. A while back I visited Morris and Sons for a quick drool over the exquisite yarn range, and this past Saturday I made it back for a more detailed exploration made possible by the lovely friend accompanying me who absorbed some of Elsa's chatter and need to explore all corners of the shop. The staff are knowledgable, interested and helpful, which is a bonus when you have many projects in mind and are completely overwhlemed by the range of options available.
And we were able to squeeze in a tea/coffee at the Block Arcade followed by an essential peruse of Haighs (as much as one can with kids - peruse that is!). I was relatively controlled, surprisingly, especially in light of Easter and the goodies on offer like this. Guess I could always go back before Easter!

"Excuse me sir, can you tell me why my Mum won't let me eat ALL that chocolate?"

And plenty of other fun things also happened this past weekend. We've reached that stage around here where card and board games rate highly. And there's been a new found interest in puzzles too. So, while the cat was away, we certainly did PLAY! (And bake of course).

Mama was even treated to very lengthy finger-puppet show

No comments:

Post a Comment