Saturday, October 22, 2011

SHOW ME SATURDAY (7 down)

(Here we are sharing Forty Days and Forty Nights of our lives, our last on the inner-west side of town and, eventually, some of our first on the other (far) side of town, where we envisage some big changes coming our way. Thanks for joining us as we remember, celebrate and experience gratitude for our time here, and sometimes feel completely overwhelmed and exhausted by the changes underway!)  

We needed to vacate the house for a showing again today and post the necessary, and now mundanely repetitive, cleaning and tidying, we ventured out to a few spots of interest. Our first stop was the Footscray City Primary School Fest/Fete. Unfortunately for the school, it was a rainy day but it seemed as though plenty of kids were having fun none the less! It was nice to see many familiar faces and consider what life may have held for our family had we chosen to stay where we are.

Our second stop was Altona Fresh (we can't stay away!) for some scrumptious food supplies, including a delicious treat or two (great almond biscotti) which we were 'required' to devour on the spot.

We then ventured over the bridge to visit one of my favourite Melbourne toy shops where Elsa and I picked out Rafael's birthday gift (more on that next week!).  I also snuck a few surprises into the bag for her (Christmas-related) and, at her request, grabbed some more of this modelling clay.  Her supply has been dwlindling and she gets hours of entertainment from it - and I love to see her creations and the stories that unfold from them (Rafa is a little too young yet - he has a tendency to throw rather than mould with it!).  I was so close to picking up a few more Christmas supplies unsure of how often we'll be in that part of town post our move but, held back and felt all the better for it. Afterall, I have more than a few Christmas sewing projects underway; let's hope I get to them!


While on that side of town we visited old neighbours from our pre-children years, all of them elderly and of Greek origin. I just loved sitting down at their kitchen tables with tea in hand, listening to what's been happening in their lives and hearing Dino chat away in Greek (and joining in where I could!). It's always an enriching experience for the kids; so nice for them to hear Dada talk in his first language and to be reminded of their own European heritage. I left longing for a European adventure but, then, we've got plenty local ones underway! The kids relished the cheek pinching and tight cuddles (well perhaps not so much but, I think the excessive amounts of chocolate and Ribena they were given made up for it!).

Three more Saturdays from now and we're in the new house! Wow.


I know, I know, they're out there everywhere and you're probably sick of seeing them but, I've been considering buying these books forEVER and finally did. We came home today to find they had been delivered - yesterday! How I hate to think of them all lonely out there overnight. Surely they'd have been happier cuddled up in bed with me! Come to think of it, that's where we're headed, these books and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment